Psalms for Prisoners

Psalm 107:10-16

[10] Some sat in darkness, in utter darkness,

    prisoners suffering in iron chains,

[11] because they rebelled against God’s commands

    and despised the plans of the Most High.

[12] So he subjected them to bitter labor;

    they stumbled, and there was no one to help.

[13] Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble,

    and he saved them from their distress.

[14] He brought them out of darkness, the utter darkness,

    and broke away their chains.

[15] Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love

    and his wonderful deeds for mankind,

[16] for he breaks down gates of bronze

    and cuts through bars of iron. 

------------------------------------------

Psalm 146:7-8

[7] He upholds the cause of the oppressed

    and gives food to the hungry.

The Lord sets prisoners free,

[8]     the Lord gives sight to the blind,

the Lord lifts up those who are bowed down,

    the Lord loves the righteous.

------------------------------------------

Psalm 142:6-7

[6] Listen to my cry,

    for I am in desperate need;

rescue me from those who pursue me,

    for they are too strong for me.

[7] Set me free from my prison,

    that I may praise your name.

Then the righteous will gather about me

    because of your goodness to me.

------------------------------------------

Keep the Faith. Best regards,

Bro. Rontabs