A Prayer for Salvation

Psalm 22:4-19

[4] In you our ancestors put their trust;

    they trusted and you delivered them.

[5] To you they cried out and were saved;

    in you they trusted and were not put to shame.

[6] But I am a worm and not a man,

    scorned by everyone, despised by the people.

[7] All who see me mock me;

    they hurl insults, shaking their heads.

[8] “He trusts in the Lord,” they say,

    “let the Lord rescue him.

Let him deliver him,

    since he delights in him.”

[9] Yet you brought me out of the womb;

    you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast.

[10] From birth I was cast on you;

    from my mother’s womb you have been my God.

[11] Do not be far from me,

    for trouble is near

    and there is no one to help.

[12] Many bulls surround me;

    strong bulls of Bashan encircle me.

[13] Roaring lions that tear their prey

    open their mouths wide against me.

[14] I am poured out like water,

    and all my bones are out of joint.

My heart has turned to wax;

    it has melted within me.

[15] My mouth is dried up like a potsherd

    and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth;

    you lay me in the dust of death.

[16] Dogs surround me,

    a pack of villains encircles me;

    they pierce my hands and my feet.

[17] All my bones are on display;

    people stare and gloat over me.

[18] They divide my clothes among them

    and cast lots for my garment.

[19] But you, Lord, do not be far from me.

    You are my strength; come quickly to help me.

---------------------------

Keep the Faith. Best regards,

Bro. Rontabs, N.D.S.M.D.