Beyond Good and Evil

2 Samuel 24:1-3 (Version 1)

[1] Again the anger of the Lord burned against Israel, and he incited David against them, saying, “Go and take a census of Israel and Judah.”

[2] So the king said to Joab and the army commanders with him, “Go throughout the tribes of Israel from Dan to Beersheba and enroll the fighting men, so that I may know how many there are.”

[3] But Joab replied to the king, “May the Lord your God multiply the troops a hundred times over, and may the eyes of my lord the king see it. But why does my lord the king want to do such a thing?”

----------------------------------------------

1 Chronicles 21:1-3 (Version 2)

[1] Satan rose up against Israel and incited David to take a census of Israel. [2] So David said to Joab and the commanders of the troops, “Go and count the Israelites from Beersheba to Dan. Then report back to me so that I may know how many there are.”

[3] But Joab replied, “May the Lord multiply his troops a hundred times over. My lord the king, are they not all my lord’s subjects? Why does my lord want to do this? Why should he bring guilt on Israel?”

----------------------------------------------

Important read: Two Fathers

----------------------------------------------

Keep the Faith, best regards,

Bro. Rontabs, N.D.S.M.D.