Proverbs for the Alcoholic

Proverbs 23:29-35

[29] Who has woe? Who has sorrow?

    Who has strife? Who has complaints?

    Who has needless bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes?

[30] Those who linger over wine,

    who go to sample bowls of mixed wine.

[31] Do not gaze at wine when it is red,

    when it sparkles in the cup,

    when it goes down smoothly!

[32] In the end it bites like a snake

    and poisons like a viper.

[33] Your eyes will see strange sights,

    and your mind will imagine confusing things.

[34] You will be like one sleeping on the high seas,

    lying on top of the rigging.

[35] “They hit me,” you will say, “but I’m not hurt!

    They beat me, but I don’t feel it!

When will I wake up

    so I can find another drink?”

----------------

Keep the Faith. Best regards,

Bro. Rontabs, N.D.S.M.D.