A Prayer for the Army

Psalm 35:1-18

[1] Contend, Lord, with those who contend with me;

    fight against those who fight against me.

[2] Take up shield and armor;

    arise and come to my aid.

[3] Brandish spear and javelin

    against those who pursue me.

Say to me,

    “I am your salvation.”

[4] May those who seek my life

    be disgraced and put to shame;

may those who plot my ruin

    be turned back in dismay.

[5] May they be like chaff before the wind,

    with the angel of the Lord driving them away;

[6] may their path be dark and slippery,

    with the angel of the Lord pursuing them.

[7] Since they hid their net for me without cause

    and without cause dug a pit for me,

[8] may ruin overtake them by surprise—

    may the net they hid entangle them,

    may they fall into the pit, to their ruin.

[9] Then my soul will rejoice in the Lord

    and delight in his salvation.

[10] My whole being will exclaim,

    “Who is like you, Lord?

You rescue the poor from those too strong for them,

    the poor and needy from those who rob them.”

[11] Ruthless witnesses come forward;

    they question me on things I know nothing about.

[12] They repay me evil for good

    and leave me like one bereaved.

[13] Yet when they were ill, I put on sackcloth

    and humbled myself with fasting.

When my prayers returned to me unanswered,

[14] I went about mourning

    as though for my friend or brother.

I bowed my head in grief

    as though weeping for my mother.

[15] But when I stumbled, they gathered in glee;

    assailants gathered against me without my knowledge.

    They slandered me without ceasing.

[16] Like the ungodly they maliciously mocked;

    they gnashed their teeth at me.

[17] How long, Lord, will you look on?

    Rescue me from their ravages,

    my precious life from these lions.

[18] I will give you thanks in the great assembly;

    among the throngs I will praise you.

----------------

Keep the Faith. Best regards,

Bro. Rontabs, N.D.S.M.D.