A Prayer for the Deceived

Jeremiah 20:7-12

[7] You deceived me, Lord, and I was deceived;

    you overpowered me and prevailed.

I am ridiculed all day long;

    everyone mocks me.

[8] Whenever I speak, I cry out

    proclaiming violence and destruction.

So the word of the Lord has brought me

    insult and reproach all day long.

[9] But if I say, “I will not mention his word

    or speak anymore in his name,”

his word is in my heart like a fire,

    a fire shut up in my bones.

I am weary of holding it in;

    indeed, I cannot.

[10] I hear many whispering,

    “Terror on every side!

    Denounce him! Let’s denounce him!”

All my friends

    are waiting for me to slip, saying,

“Perhaps he will be deceived;

    then we will prevail over him

    and take our revenge on him.”

[11] But the Lord is with me like a mighty warrior;

    so my persecutors will stumble and not prevail.

They will fail and be thoroughly disgraced;

    their dishonor will never be forgotten.

[12] Lord Almighty, you who examine the righteous

    and probe the heart and mind,

let me see your vengeance on them,

    for to you I have committed my cause.

--------------

Keep the Faith. Best regards,

Brother Ron, N.D.S.M.D.