Not all Shepherds are the same

Jeremiah 23:1-4

[1] “Woe to the shepherds who are destroying and scattering the sheep of my pasture!” declares the Lord. [2] Therefore this is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says to the shepherds who tend my people: “Because you have scattered my flock and driven them away and have not bestowed care on them, I will bestow punishment on you for the evil you have done,” declares the Lord. [3] “I myself will gather the remnant of my flock out of all the countries where I have driven them and will bring them back to their pasture, where they will be fruitful and increase in number. [4] I will place shepherds over them who will tend them, and they will no longer be afraid or terrified, nor will any be missing,” declares the Lord.

-----------

Jeremiah 25:34-38

[34] Weep and wail, you shepherds;

    roll in the dust, you leaders of the flock.

For your time to be slaughtered has come;

    you will fall like the best of the rams.

[35] The shepherds will have nowhere to flee,

    the leaders of the flock no place to escape.

[36] Hear the cry of the shepherds,

    the wailing of the leaders of the flock,

    for the Lord is destroying their pasture.

[37] The peaceful meadows will be laid waste

    because of the fierce anger of the Lord.

[38] Like a lion he will leave his lair,

    and their land will become desolate

because of the sword[b] of the oppressor

    and because of the Lord’s fierce anger.

-----------

Keep the Faith. Best regards,

Brother Ron, N.D.S.M.D.