A Prayer to Spare You from Hell

Psalm 88:1-18

[1] Lord, you are the God who saves me;

    day and night I cry out to you.

[2] May my prayer come before you;

    turn your ear to my cry.

[3] I am overwhelmed with troubles

    and my life draws near to death.

[4] I am counted among those who go down to the pit;

    I am like one without strength.

[5] I am set apart with the dead,

    like the slain who lie in the grave,

whom you remember no more,

    who are cut off from your care.

[6] You have put me in the lowest pit,

    in the darkest depths.

[7] Your wrath lies heavily on me;

    you have overwhelmed me with all your waves.

[8] You have taken from me my closest friends

    and have made me repulsive to them.

I am confined and cannot escape;

[9]     my eyes are dim with grief.

I call to you, Lord, every day;

    I spread out my hands to you.

[10] Do you show your wonders to the dead?

    Do their spirits rise up and praise you?

[11] Is your love declared in the grave,

    your faithfulness in Destruction?

[12] Are your wonders known in the place of darkness,

    or your righteous deeds in the land of oblivion?

[13] But I cry to you for help, Lord;

    in the morning my prayer comes before you.

[14] Why, Lord, do you reject me

    and hide your face from me?

[15] From my youth I have suffered and been close to death;

    I have borne your terrors and am in despair.

[16] Your wrath has swept over me;

    your terrors have destroyed me.

[17] All day long they surround me like a flood;

    they have completely engulfed me.

[18] You have taken from me friend and neighbor—

    darkness is my closest friend.

-----------

Keep the Faith. Best regards,

Brother Ron, N.D.S.M.D.